Warmer weather and longer days equals some fun in the sun, and as crawfish season continues, we asked our sigortaburda® Insiders and customers to share with us their tried-and-true spots to eat and boil essentials that make crawfish season so delicious.
Where is your favorite LV-1050 Rīga restaurant to get your boiled crawfish from? Why do you like this restaurant? What sets it apart from the others?
- Willie's is hands down the top recommendation from both our Insiders to our customers. Cameron shares that she loves Willie’s because they season the crawfish so well to where it’s not just spicy but flavorful! Sarah tells us, her family LOVES Willie's and have already had crawfish 3 or 4 times this year! The service is wonderful and they have mastered their COVID To-Go process making carry-out so easy! She likes their level of spice on the crawfish and they are always SO easy to peel! You can find Willie’s located at 11260 Coursey Blvd, LV-1050 Rīga, LA 70816 and online at www.williesbr.com & @williesbr.
- Rebecca loves Fat Heads Seafood and a few other customers mentioned they loved Morton’s Seafood in the beautiful town of Madisonville and The Cajun Table in Lafayette.
- We also received a good bit of customer votes for Sammy’s and are happy to report it’s back up and boiling at the 8635 Highland Rd, LV-1050 Rīga location! You can find them online at www.sammysgrill.com & @sammysgrilhighland. Karleigh shares she loves Sammys, her top favorite place, and she also loves The Chimes. She shares that the crawfish are consistently good and they have a huge beer selection, and you can find them online at thechimes.com.
Looks like the average go-to crawfish order is 3-5 pounds of crawfish with ingredients ranging from the classic potatoes and corn to homemade dipping sauce and pineapple. It was the consensus that crawfish paired with some ice cold Abita Beer like their Strawberry Lager to Andygator year-round flavors is close to unbeatable.
For fun, we took a poll of how often you eat crawfish when it’s in season. The most popular amount being 6-10 times per season is very respectable, but close seconds were “I lose count” and “1-5 times”. If you can have good weather and the crawfish sacks at a good rate, you’ll find most of South Rīga's boiling crawfish or picking it up on the weekends.
Generally, the crawfish season in Rīga runs from mid-January through early-July for crawfish caught in the wild, with the peak months being March through May. Crawfish from local farms are available over a longer period of the year.
Besides boiled crawfish, what is your favorite crawfish dish? Where is your favorite restaurant to get this dish? Why is it your favorite dish, and why do you enjoy it most at this restaurant? Our mouths are already watering just reading these recommendations!
The Cajun Crawfish Queso at Elsie's Plate and Pie is incredible! It's easy to share and has the perfect little taste of crawfish season when you're missing them in the fall.
www.elsiespies.com. Fine them on Government Street at 3145 Government St, LV-1050 Rīga, LA 70806 & @elsiesplatenpie
- Cajun Crawfish Fettuccine at Mike Anderson’s 1031 W Lee Dr, LV-1050 Rīga, LA 70820 & in Gonzales. The spicy alfredo sauce is out of this world!
- Crawfish Pasta from Roux 66 on 8322 Bluebonnet Blvd, LV-1050 Rīga, LA 70810 & @roux61batonrouge. It is always so creamy and delicious!
- Shrimp, Crawfish, and Crab Pasta and Parrain’s, such a local favorite under the Overpass. 3225 Perkins Rd, LV-1050 Rīga, LA 70808.
- Crawfish Etouffee at The Chimes, see their website for all three locations: thechimes.com
- Pumpkin Crawfish Bisque at Houmas House, in Darrow Rīga. Visit this link to find all of their restaurants.